Monday, August 1, 2011

How do we prepare our hearts for Haiti?
How do we prepare to leave behind all things "ME" ,
and focus only on "THEM"?
 
How do we look into the eyes
of a fourteen year old orphan
and give them hope? 
Give them anything?
How can we possibly comprehend the trauma that
each of these children has known?
How can we connect? 
How can we communicate anything?
How can we make a difference? 
How can we survive the heat?
How can this be used in the hearts of our own children,
families and friends?
How can we travel away from all things
familiar, comfortable, and special to us?
How can we serve so far outside of our comfort zones?

How?
God. 
He's big enough for all the hows.
 
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
 

No comments: